Saturday, January 04, 2014

Sightings for Saturday January 4

Mirable: My birding friends and I went looking for Snowy Owls (Harfangs des neiges) in Mirabel this morning. And we were lucky: while driving along Rang St-Dominique and Rang Giroux, we saw what we judged to be five different individuals! Owl no. 3 gave us the best sighting: I was in the second of two cars, and the owl swooped down over our friends' car ahead of us, entirely unbeknownst to them! It then alighted on a nearby hydro pole and uttered a disgusted-sounding call, giving us superb looks. Other good winter species included a flock of about half a dozen Gray Partridge (Perdix grise)and numerous Snow Buntings (Bruants des neiges). - Zofia
---------------------------------------------------------------
11 Snowy Owls (Harfangs des neiges) were around the general St-Clet area this afternoon. I heard that some idiots were down there with a toy mouse on a string today, I didn’t see them unfortunately but would certainly have pointed out their folly had I done so.- Mark Dennis

No comments:

 
Nature Blog Network